It certainly is among the largest digital TV service companies in the world (not just the US) and among the leading providers that utilizes the most advanced of technology for its customers. At the moment they are servicing well over 35 million customers throughout the continental US.
What Are They Offering?
On the TV network there are nearly 300 channels being offered with more than 170 of those being full HD. The network has the best quality sound/video, offers exclusive deals depending on the needs of the customer as well as the widest range of sports channels available anywhere including the NFL, NHL and NBA networks. If you’re only interested in it for the entertainment channels, there’s a range of movie channels that show the latest movies & TV shows.
Furthermore, you can basically stream these TV channels on gadgets in your house such as the laptop, tablet or phones. Being that their customer base is so large, they’ve made special deals available to businesses such as restaurants, hotels, office buildings, etc. If you’re a subscriber you can generally expect to receive a lot of perks from the networks when it comes to the newest exclusive entertainment content.
We read through hundreds of reviews from new users as well as ones that have been using them for over a decade just to see how the company has progressed and whether it’s worth your time. They generally receive positive feedback and this is mostly due to the high quality customer service that is readily available.
Is DIRECTV Satellite Internet Any Good?
Dealing with a company like DIRECTV, you can generally expect to receive an excellent signal for the television though the satellite signal is just as stable. It’s about as good as it gets with satellite technology. If the two were to compare head on, there is actually an advantage in their internet service because they aren’t constantly updating the programming on it weekly. The internet reliability is on the same level if not even more stable than its main competitors. Right now, we’re going to take a look at the main pros and cons of DIRECTV internet and whether this is the best choice for you at the moment.
- This is very uncommon for satellite internet, but their internet is so fast it can even compare to some of the cable networks out there. There’s wide variety of plans that are changing and even the ones that are supposed to be the cheapest/slowest are still pretty fast on average. It’s certainly comparable to cable internet (if not better) though decades ahead of dial up.
- This is one of the most reliable services you can get. It rids you of the need to have a phone connection in place before you can actually use the internet.
- You can get it in every US state. This isn’t one of those services that are only available in a few select states within the range of their headquarters (limited by topography) but rather its availability stretches everywhere. The only requirement is that you have an unobstructed view of the sky. This is certainly one of the best options for you if you live right outside of a big city, a village or a very remote area that doesn’t even have access to cable service.
- You’ll save a lot of money on the phone service because it’s no longer required. All you have to do is use something like Vonage for replacement. Non-obligatory phone lines represent a significant cut in price.
- If you suddenly decide to move, you don’t have to reach out to them and cancel the service but you can rather take your equipment (without hiring a technician) and just set it up wherever you see fit. This basically means that you have portability on your side hence you can take it on vacation and not have to worry about whether you’ll have WiFi.
CONS TO CONSIDER:
- If you live in an area where there’s a lot of unpredictable weather, the internet might not be very reliable. The reason why is because strong winds and lightning can affect the dish and you’ll also have to keep it clean when there’s snowy and icy weather.
- It’s certainly not one of the cheapest services out there. If you compare it to regular DSL, DIRECTV internet can cost up to a few times as much. The only thing that might make you feel better about this fact is that you’re dealing with a reputable company and you can bundle up multiple services at once.
- The initial set up process can be hard for some because if you don’t have a dish and modem in place already, you’ll basically have to pay a decent amount of money in addition to signing a contract with them. The regular contract is a two year one and you’ll have to keep in mind that if later on you decide to cancel you’re going to have to pay a cancelation fee for it. This shouldn’t be that big of a deal for people who enjoy using a single provider on a steady basis, but if you’re not completely sure that you’ll be getting what you wanted initially and you frequently switch between providers – this will likely come off a long time.
If you’re weighing your options when it comes to satellite internet providers and you really need one that will prove to be reliable, this might as well be what you’re looking for. If you don’t like having to install compulsory phone lines and cable services aren’t ideal in your area, this is the best option there is. The service is not ideal for everyone out there but can be perfect for certain individuals who know exactly what they’re after and don’t mind paying the price for it.